I Chilean Workshop on Natural Computing
11-15th November, 2013
Temuco, Chile Paper
Submission Deadline (Extended): August 23rd, 2013
Notification: September 9th, 2013
Camera Ready: September 30th, 2013
The First Chilean Workshop on Natural Computing (CWNC 2013) will take place in Temuco, Chile, next November 11-15th, 2013. The event is part of the Jornadas Chilenas de Computacion 2013, a wider national-level event that comprises a number of conferences and workshops, and it is organized by the Chilean Society of Computation Science (SCCC) and the Universidad Catolica de Temuco (UCT). The goals of CWNC 2013 are:
1) To bring together scientists researching on topics in Computer Science, Biology and the interplay of these fields.
2) To incentive and to promote research in Natural Computing.
3) To interchange knowledge, spread scientific work, discuss proposals and to promote collaboration between researchers and students.
Topics of interests
The topics correspond to several disciplines, such as Computer Science, Informatics, Biology, Physics, Mathematics and Statistics, including Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Genomics, Genetic Engineering and Nanobiotechnology. Authors are invited to submit contributions including (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques applied to Biology
- Bioinspired Computing
- Biomolecular Computing
- DNA Computing
- Evolutionary Computing
- Spatio-temporal Pattern Generation in Cell Colonies
- Systems Biology
- Synthetic Biology
- Paper submission Deadline (Extended): August 23rd, 2013.
- Notification acceptance: September 9th, 2013.
- Camera- Ready: September 30th, 2013.
- Workshop date: 11-15th November, 2013.
Submissions of 1-page extended abstract will be open until August 23rd, 2013. The submission system is via EasyChair:
https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=jcc2013 (Remember to select the “Workshop en Computación Natural” track!!!)
Submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the program committee. They must be written in Spanish or English and formatted in two-column letter format following the guidelines of IEEE-CS Proceedings.
Further instructions are available at:
Submitted papers will be judged on the basis of significance, relevance, correctness, originality, and clarity. A selection of high quality papers, previously presented at the workshop, will be invited to submit an extended version for inclusion in the post-conference proceedings of the XXXII International Conference of the Chilean Computer Society by IEEE Computer Society.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and attend the conference to present the work. Authors who submit papers are implicitly assumed to agree with this requirement. Failure to do so will imply the removal of the paper from the program. Each article must have at least one full registration associated, this rule does not apply when all authors are students.
- General Chair: MSc. Martín Gutiérrez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain – Universidad Diego Portales, Chile (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-Chair: Dr. Gino Corsini, Universidad Diego Portales, Chile (email@example.com)
- Jorge Baier, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
- Matt Bardeen, Universidad de Talca, Chile
- Constanza Cortés, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
- Jose María Font, Centro Universitario de Tecnología y Arte Digital, Spain
- Alexander García Castro, Florida State University, USA
- Olga Giraldo, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Bruno Lebon, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Daniel Manrique, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Jesús Miró, Silesian University in Opava, Czech Republic
- Christian Orellana, University of North Carolina, USA
- Guillermo Pérez del Pulgar, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Pablo Ramos, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Jose Antonio Reyes, Universidad de Talca, Chile
- Cristian Ruz, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
- Iñaki Sainz de Murieta, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Ana Lucía Chirinos, TASA, Peru